iTunes has evolved over the years, and even if you are not an apple user, you can benefit from the services that iTunes has to offer. Through an iTunes account or Apple ID, as it has been recently called, you are able to access thousands of Apps, Games, Podcasts, Movies, Videos, Music, and much more. Even though you are not required to have an Apple device in order to use the services iTunes has to offer, you are however required to have the iTunes application installed in your computer. Once you have created your iTunes account you are able to access certain features online, but the majorities of the features are in the application itself.
There are several ways in which you are able to access iTunes, I will be showing you two.
First, if you would like to access from the application on your computer, follow these steps:
- Open the application
- Please make sure that the application is up to date, this will avoid any bug and crashes that can potentially lead to loss of your data, and you do not want that to happen. Always make sure that you are updating as soon as there is an update available.
- Now that you have open the iTunes app on your computer, notice there is a menu on top, along where the usual minimize, expand, and close buttons are.
- On the menu there is an option that reads ACCOUNT, click there and select SIGN IN.
- Enter your iTunes Account / Apple ID information and enjoy !
Second, you can access certain information by using a web browser. As I have mentioned before an iTunes Account and an Apple ID are the same thing, therefore to login into your iTunes account using a web browser follow these steps:
- Open your web browser
- Go to www.appleid.apple.com/signin
- You will be redirected to Apple ID sign in home page, where you will be asked to enter both the email adress and password associated with your iTunes account
- Enter the information then Click Enter, or click on the arrow on the password box
- Your all set !